Return to Practice Programme

Return to practice for Allied Health Professionals

Welcome to the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust return to practice for Allied Health Professional’s

  • Have you previously been registered with the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC)?
  • Have you been out of practice for more than two years?
  • Are you looking for an opportunity to update your skills and knowledge and return to the register?
  • Are you unsure what to do next?

Well, look no further!

At CPFT we welcome enquires from professionals who wish to return to practice and who we will endeavour to support in becoming registered with the HCPC again. We have a wide range of clinical and geographical areas available, and we will work with you to find a suitable opportunity to help you on your journey.  

As part of the return to practice support you may be able to claim up to £800 from Health Education England (£500 for the clinical experience and £300 towards courses and other learning opportunities)

In order to become registered, you will be required to complete a minimum number of hours to update your clinical skills and knowledge, please see below:


Time required to register

Time out of practice /

Time unregistered

Minimum time required to update skills & knowledge

*at least 50% of the hours need to be in practice

Up to 2 years

No requirement needed

2 to 5 years

30 days (210 hours)

Over 5 years

60 days (420 hours)


For further information on returning to practice, and the required eligibility criteria please click on the links below:

To register your interest in retuning to practice please click on the link below to complete a form which will then be sent to the Clinical Placements Team, Learning and Organisational Development for review

For additional information and queriies please email:

Please note, if you have any fitness/condition to practice issues cited against you by the HCPC you would not be eligible to return to practice.



As a patient

As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support. 

Patient Advice and Liaison service  Contact the Trust