Heart and Soul
Spiritual Wellbeing and Pastoral Care Service
We are a community of CPFT Heart and Soul volunteers, specialist NHS Chaplains and peerworkers and this is what we offer:
- A focus on the little things we can do together that can help make the unbearable bearable
- Calm and safe spaces to be
- Meeting individually and in groups to share and explore life and our part in it
- The healing benefits of 'being human together' in a kind, accepting, gentle way
- Someone to explore and affirm your spirituality with, should you wish
- A chance to join others exploring life's meaning and the values we share, whatever our individual beliefs
- Someone to talk to in confidence if you're struggling in your healthcare role or role as a carer
- Specialists in religious practice, care and understanding
- A way into volunteering
Someone to call, someone who will listen
We are a group of experienced, trained CPFT Heart and Soul volunteers who listen without judging. Many of us are volunteering because we recognise that when we have had our own serious mental and physical health challenges we needed someone to talk to who would accept us, just as we were. And now we want to be there for you. To contact Heart and Soul Listeners click on the document here.
Client's FAQs.pdf [pdf] 155KB
Someone to explore your values and beliefs with, on-line
Whatever you believe in, hope for, or put your faith in, we have specialist NHS Chaplains, peer workers and others who can be a companion on your journey. To contact us email email@example.com
Somewhere to belong to and to meet others on Zoom
Heart and Soul Zoom groups are available each weekday at 4pm, each with a different flavour: there’s everything from a group for gentle conversation, another for stimulating discussion, another for mindfulness practice, and another to support parents, friends, family and carers who want someone to talk to and to pray with. For Zoom Groups information, click here on the document here.
ZOOM GROUPS in MARCH 2021.pdf [pdf] 96KB
Somewhere to learn and grow
Heart and Soul’s social media pages and live streams offer spaces for reflection on the meaning in our lives and the lives of others.
Michael Lafond, Peer Worker with Heart and Soul reflects on the meaning of heart and soul in his own life.
Heart and Soul strategy [pdf] 373KB
As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support.