We believe that the relationships that young people have with their families are central to their wellbeing and we want to do our best to support them. We do not underestimate the importance of family relationships and we believe that you have a key part to play in your child’s recovery. We also understand that family relationships can be challenging, especially when a young person is admitted to hospital.
Throughout a young person's stay, we work together with you and them in order to agree shared plans for treatment. We recognise the importance of patient and parent/carer involvement and its ability to ensure continual service development. There will be many opportunities to visit the centre and be involved in the treatment of your child.
Our Parent/Carer Welcome Pack gives more detail about the Darwin Centre and what we do. This is available to download at the bottom of this page, along with links to other useful websites.
- B-eat - information and help on all aspects of eating disorders, including Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, binge eating disorder and related eating disorders
- Carers Direct (NHS) - carers support and information online and on freephone 0808 802 0202
- Carers Trust - improving support, services and recognition for anyone living with the challenges of caring, unpaid, for a family member or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or addiction problems
- Family Voice - actively seeking to improve services in all areas of the lives of children and young people in Peterborough
- Pinpoint Cambridgeshire
- Talk to Frank - free confidential advice
- RCPSYCH - mental health information for all
- Choice and Medication - find out more about mental health conditions, treatments and medications