Council of Governor meetings
Council of Governors Meetings
Meetings of the Council of Governors are open to the public, so anyone can attend. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, meetings will be held via video conference until further notice. Details of upcoming meetings are listed below, but for more information, please contact our Trust Secretariat at email@example.com.
Upcoming meeting dates:
Thursday 3 December 2020, 17.30 - 19.30, live streaming meeting. This link directs you to the meeting. Meeting papers can be found at the bottom of this page.
Past meeting dates:
Thursday 23 April 2020, 17.30 - 18.30, live streaming meeting. This link allows you to view the meeting. Meeting papers can be found at the bottom of this page.
Thursday 2 July 2020 , 17.30 - 20.00, live streaming meeting. This link allows you to view the meeting. Meeting papers can be found at the bottom of this page.
Wednesday 9 September 2020, 15.30 - 17.45, live streaming meeting. This link allows you to view the meeting. Meeting papers can be found at the bottom of this page. The Annual Members Meeting will follow from 18.00 - 20.00. This link will allow you to access the meeting.
2021 meeting dates
- Thursday 22nd April 2021, 17.30 – 19.30
- Thursday 1st July 2021, 17.30 – 19.30
- Wednesday 8th September 2021, 15.30 – 20.00 (Council of Governors Meeting, 15.30 – 17.30, followed by the Annual Members Meeting, 18.00 – 20.00)
- Thursday 2nd December 2021, 17.30 – 19.30
Council of Governor papers
- Council of Governors Papers December 2020.pdf [pdf] 3MB
- Council of Governors Papers September 2020.pdf [pdf] 8MB
- Council of Governors papers July 2020.pdf [pdf] 3MB
- Council of Governors papers April 2020.pdf [pdf] 4MB
- Council of Governors Papers 2 December 2019.pdf [pdf] 9MB
- Council of Governors Papers September 2019.pdf [pdf] 5MB
- Council of Governors Papers April 2019.pdf [pdf] 5MB
Become a Governor
Governor Elections 2020
The nominations period for the 2020 Governor elections has now closed.
Voting opens on 3 November and closes at 12 noon on 26 November. All members of the Trust (as at 20 October) will be eligible to vote and will receive ballot papers either electronically or by post. The Notice of Poll can be found at the bottom of this page.
Please visit www.cesvotes.com/cpft2020 for more details, or alternatively, please contact our Trust Secretariat as below.
The following vacancies are being contested in this election:
Carer - 2 vacancies
Public: Cambridgeshire - 5 vacancies
Public: Peterborough - 2 vacancies
Service User: Cambridgeshire - 1 vacancy
Staff - 1 vacancy
Make a difference and nominate yourself to be a Governor
Are you interested in shaping the way we plan and deliver our integrated community, mental health and learning disability services across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough?
One of the guiding principles of being a Foundation Trust is that we are accountable to local people. Our Governors consist of members of the public, past and present service users, carers and our staff.
By becoming a Governor you can...
- Help influence the future of your local health services.
- Receive news and updates through our website and newsletter.
- Come to networking events and training sessions and extend your knowledge on mental health, physical health and general wellbeing within the NHS.
- Take part in surveys and consultations on our services to help us shape a better future.
- Support our campaigns to promote good health and fight mental health stigma.
- Hold the Board of Directors to account.
How will Governors help us to shape our future?
- Telling us about the needs of their local communities and constituencies.
- Attending meetings and making decisions on behalf of the members.
- Formally ratifying decisions made by the Board of Directors.
Who can become a Governor?
Anyone over the age of 18 who lives in the UK.
You don't have to be an expert in healthcare, but be interested in changing the future and having a say in important decisions. We look for people who are enthusiastic and can bring their own experience.
You must become a member of our Trust to apply to become a Governor. It's really easy to do. This link allows you to access this page.
How do I put myself forward to become a Governor?
Governor elections take place each year. The nominations period for the 2020 Governor elections has now closed.
For more information about becoming a Governor and when the next round of elections will open, please contact our Trust Secretariat as below.
Alternatively, you can attend one of our public meetings:
Phone: 01223 219400
Write to: Trust Secretariat
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust