How to refer

YOUnited provides emotional wellbeing and mental health help for children and young people aged 0 to 25 registered with a GP in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.

YOUnited is a partnership provided by Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridgeshire Community Service NHS Trust, Centre 33, and Ormiston Families.

YOUnited should now be used for all referrals to CPFT's Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.

YOUnited help - 0 to 17

The YOUnited integrated hub accepts referrals from all professionals working with children and young people up to the age of 17 with emotional wellbeing and mild, moderate or severe mental health needs.

YOUnited will also accept referrals for children and young people up to the age of 18 with a suspected eating disorder or with a neurodevelopmental diagnosis. (Information about referrals for a new neurodevelopmental diagnosis is below.)

  • It is recommended that GPs use the CCG e-referral system to make their referral (the information is the same). 
  • For SystmOne practices - use the GP portal on SystmOne to refer.
  • For EMIS practices and for all other professionals, make a referral to YOUnited here

YOUnited help - 18 to 25

YOUnited help: 18 to 25
Young people aged 18 to 25 can self refer to Centre 33 here or to Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and South Lincolnshire Mind here.
GPs can make referrals for mental health assessments to CPFT's Primary Care Mental Health Service

YOUnited help for neurodevelopmental diagnosis

YOUnited accepts referrals for assessment for children aged from 5 to 18 years old.
Peterborough Integrated Neurodiagnostic-Referral-form-August-2021.docx [docx] 197KB

Cambridgeshire, Huntingdon and Fenland
YOUnited accepts referrals for young people of secondary school age. 
Cambridgeshire Neurodiagnostic-Referral-form-August-2021 (003).docx [docx] 198KB

Referrals for primary age children should be made to Cambridgeshire Community Service's community paediatricians.

Crisis referrals

If a young person is in mental health crisis, contact CPFT’s First Response Service by calling NHS 111 (option 2).

People in Wisbech have not got the option 2 but can access the service via dialling 111. The call handler will then transfer them direct to the First Response Service.

As a patient

As a patient, relative or carer using our services, sometimes you may need to turn to someone for help, advice, and support. 

Patient Advice and Liaison service  Contact the Trust